Sat, Jun 01|
THIS IS A FREE SEMINAR Teen girls today face a variety of challenges and threats. Below are just some of the topics covered in this interactive seminar.
Time & Location
Jun 01, 2024, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Girl Talk, 1200 Scheels Drive, Sparks, NV 89434, USA
About the event
This is a FREE (mom & Daughter(s)) event that will be held inside of Scheels. Scheels is located in the Legends Shopping Center. The classroom is located upstairs in the far corner of the store just past the gun counter and near the restrooms. Any Scheels associate can direct you if you are lost.
This seminar is designed for mothers and their teenage daughters, but feel free to extend the invitation to grandmothers and aunts; just make sure to register them. "Girl Talk" provides a secure space for discussing challenging subjects. Remember, the real effort begins after the seminar. Parenting is undeniably one of the most demanding roles in the world. Keep going, moms; you're doing your best. I look forward to spending time with you and your daughter. -Vicki
- Mental Health Issues: Many teens struggle with mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, and stress. Social pressures, academic expectations, and peer relationships can all contribute to these challenges.
- Cyberbullying: With the proliferation of social media and technology, cyberbullying has become a significant issue. Teen girls are often targeted, which can have profound emotional and psychological impacts.
- Body Image and Self-Esteem: Teenage girls may face pressures related to body image and self-esteem. The portrayal of idealized body images in media and social media can lead to low self-esteem and body image issues.
- Peer Pressure: Teen girls often experience peer pressure related to risky behaviors, such as substance abuse, underage drinking, and engaging in early sexual activity.
- Sexual Harassment and Assault: Teen girls are at risk of sexual harassment and assault, both in-person and online. This can lead to trauma and long-lasting emotional scars.
- Academic Pressure: The pressure to excel academically and secure a bright future can lead to stress and anxiety. It's important for teens to find a balance between academic and personal well-being.
- Substance Abuse: Substance abuse, including drugs and alcohol, is a risk for some teenagers. Experimentation and peer pressure can contribute to this issue.
- Teen Dating Violence: Some teen girls may experience dating violence, which can be physical, emotional, or psychological in nature.
- Online Safety: With the internet being an integral part of their lives, teen girls need to be aware of online safety, including the risks of sharing personal information and the potential for online predation.
- Identity and Inclusivity: Teens are exploring their identities and may face challenges related to gender identity, sexual orientation, and cultural diversity. Encouraging inclusivity and understanding is crucial.
It's important to note that these challenges can vary widely based on individual circumstances and the communities in which teenagers live. Supportive parents, educators, and communities play a crucial role in helping teen girls navigate these issues and develop resilience and coping skills.
- Ticket type
Thanks for registering, we look forward to seeing you!Price$0.00